Email Subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Nettie's Got a Gun

Well I went to the gun range today to continue my search for a revolver and boy did I have a completely different experience from yesterday. When I got there the guy let me look around and did not jump right in my face. I told him I wanted to look at some small revolvers and he got a couple out for me and handed them right to me to try out for myself. Then he said "what you need is a shotgun" so I explained that I didn't know how to handle one and they felt too big. "Well try this" he said and pulled a small one down off the wall.








As soon as I had it in my hands I knew it was the right thing for me "but I don't know how to use it" I said. He then took the time to show me how to work it and load it so I decided to buy it. About this time two guys come in on their lunch break. "You buyin that?" one of them says pointing to my newly acquired firearm. I nodded yes. "awesome" he said. "You ever shot one before?" he asks, the other guy nudges him, "back off, she probably knows more about guns than we do". At this point I am grinning ear to ear. "No" I say "I'm going to practice before I leave". "Well if you would like some help for your first time I will be happy to come back with you" the first guy says. I tell him yes and I then I tell all three of them how much I appreciate being treated with so much respect. "My daughter is in law enforcement" the shop owner says. "All women should be comfortable with guns" one of the other guys says. So the guy goes back and helps me out with my stance and gives me some great pointers. The first two shots were high but then I got the hang of it. "She didn't need me" he tells the other guys as we come out of the firing range. "She'll knock an intruder on his ass!". So today I am a strong, confident, shotgun owning, Texan. I love America.





2 comments:

UN-GLAMOR-US said...

Congrats! I know what that feels like - having someone try to open your door. I went for the knob and they started wiggling. I stopped and ran for the back door to make sure it was locked. They jumped the fence and tried that door to. We never answer the door if we're not expecting someone.

Unknown said...

So now that you're a shotgun wielding crazy woman I guess a surpise visit is out of the question! So what is it? 20 Gauge?

I am glad that you talked with some competent and respectful people. It is really important to make sure that you have the right tool for the job. You most certainly do not want something that some asshole will walk through and get to you. After having pumped 2 clips worth of .380 into a coon to kill it I would not recommend anything less than a .45 with hollow points for a pistol.

You'll have to bring it with you the next time you visit. We can go shooting and be the rednecks we always knew we could be!

Followers